GitHub | Contact | Blog
Contract Software Engineer, 2016-current
- Worked with various clients on a short-term, contract basis.
- Wrote and managed internal API documentation.
- Designed mockups, graphics, and user flows.
- Worked with stakeholders and users to turn feedback into refined flows, and then created code based on updated flow.
- Graphic design (print and web) for clients using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch App.
- Git, Asana, GitLab for version control and project management.
- Utilized Google Drive, Meet, and Zoom for team communications.
Software Developer and Designer, Tuzag, Inc., 2018-2019
- Redesigned a mobile and web app in SketchApp. Co-created a React Native app that integrates Alexa and Google Voice.
- Redesigned and developed the React Web version of the app. Used Sourcetree and Google Cloud for hosting and code management.
- Used Sourcetree and Google Cloud for hosting and code management.
- Worked with SQL and Node backend.
- Used Monday.com, Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet for project management and communication.
- Worked remotely on a team of 5 distributed across the U.S.
- Designed and created a marketing website in React with Gatsby to support the new app version.
- Created a sales deck with reusable components and slides for our sales team.
- Communicated with team members across disciplines to better understand our users.
- Took team and user feedback and integrated it into new features and bug fixes.
- Designed and created a 14-page PDF report with dynamic, personal data for users.
- Designed and created dynamic email templates in Foundation.
Director of Product, Statum Health, 2017
- Developed a small startup brand identity and voice, from color palette to personas.
- Designed the mobile app for iOS and Android in SketchApp.
- Defined the product vision and managed the end-to-end product roadmap and code base (Angular, SQL).
- Managed the continued development of the product at scale (Azure).
- Managed the hiring of the development team including communication, screening, and technical interviewing.
- Defined marketing goals, created a roadmap and editorial calendar, and implemented these across channels.
- Conducted user research to inform design and user experience of the product. Implemented changes to the product based on research and stakeholder requests.
Front End Intern: Shomeya, 2015
- Learned git flows and command line tooling needed to work on a small, distributed web team.
- Created mockups in Sketch App to demonstrate design options to client, building trust and clear communication.
- Reduced load time by customizing Bootstrap carousel slideshow, keeping client’s costs under budget.
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, SCSS
- Adobe CC, SketchApp
- React, React Native
- Swift (CocoaPods)
- Firebase, Heroku
Awards / Certificates
- Complete SQL Bootcamp Certificate
- Stanford Machine Learning Certificate
- Front-End Certification, Free Code Camp, 2015
Contributions / Meetups
- Contributor to Ethereum Network's Pokadot software (front-end React work)
BA Physics, Temple University, cum laude
Jefferson University Health Hack 2015
Built drone-based emergency response system implementing sensors, arduino, raspberry pi, and 3D printing. Worked with a team in Syria to reduce cost of equipment by making open source products.